If you are evaluating supply planning software, you can learn more about DDS&OP Software Compliance accreditation here.
About DDS&OP Software Compliance
- Demand-Driven Sales & Operations Planning (DDS&OP) compliance is intended to ensure that software can perform the basic requirements of Demand Driven Sales & Operations Planning.
- The DDI evaluation process is FREE OF CHARGE to software entities.
- The three compliance categories were written in such a way that it ensures compliance to the method but allows open space for competitive differences, creativity, and innovation.
- Software that is deemed to be compliant will be allowed to use the DDI compliance logo for the categories in which it is compliant.
- After two years the software must go through re-evaluation in order to continue to use compliance logos.
Look for the DDI Compliance Logos!
DDS&OP Software Compliance Criteria
Component 1: Master Settings Access
- The software must provide access to all relevant master settings of the DDOM.
Component 2: DDOM Variance Analysis Capability
- The software must be able to produce reports on past buffer performance for stock, time and capacity buffers including statistical run charts
Component 3: DDOM Simulation Capability
- The software must be able to simulate DDOM performance with regard to capacity and working capital levels under different user defined scenarios.
NOTE: If the software provider is only DDMRP compliant then the DDS&OP compliance is based solely on the DDS&OP activities required to maintain and improve a DDMRP implementation.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SCIENCE OF SUPPLY PLANNING?
Problems achieving supply chain performance? Maybe technology isn’t the problem.
Ownership of the supply chain has shifted from ops to IT under the belief that technology is the solution for every challenge.
So much of the supply chain is centered upon inventory. If you get your inventory planning right, most problems disappear. It should be obvious, after millions of dollars invested and years of technology implementations, that current software solutions don’t do what they need to do because planners are still using spreadsheets.
Instead of technology, it’s time to focus on the fundamentals. O8 strengthens your fundamentals with end-to-end supply planning and execution – and guarantees transformational outcomes.
As specialists in demand-driven supply chains, Orchestr8 helps companies link their supply planning methodology to business strategy. From daily operations to planning strategy, we work closely with leading brands to:
- Segment the planning process according to an item’s demand profile using demand-driven supply planning
- Set inventory policies that help create realistic sales and operations plans with supply chain conditioning
- Support daily operations with demand-driven inventory planning processes that include events, life cycle planning, capacity planning and multi-tier planning
- Run supply chain simulations that analyze unlimited what-ifs