o8 SUPPLY PLANNING
DEMAND DRIVEN MANAGER
Orchestr8 is Building a Demand Management Tool that fits the Demand Driven World
Orchestr8 is the leader in Demand Supply Planning Execution software with its well-established production and distribution execution tool, that works to Demand Driven buffering principles. This is a proven complement to the transaction and financial-orientation of ERP systems.
Now, Orchestra will fill a gap in Demand Management S&OP with ‘Demand Manager’, a software tool to manage the Agile S&OP process that businesses need in a complex world.
Segment and Prioritize
The distinctive foundation of the Orchestra approach is ‘Segment and Prioritize’. The established Orchestra Production Execution software is configured by demand profile segmentation. Production is prioritized by real sales data, not static forecasts.
Demand Manager will inherit the segment and prioritize approaches to managing products. It will handle products with varying market velocity, priority, and responsiveness.
KEEP IT CLEAR, KEEP IT SMART
The first design maxim is taking a ‘Component Approach’ to Demand Projection so that managers can see – in the manner of Talking Heads – ‘how did we get here’. The framework is simple but versatile:
- Long-run – runrate products.
- Period run products – with a definite sales period.
- Whether the runrate is going to change.
- If there are promotions to boost sales.
FOLLOW THE PROCESS
The second maxim for Demand Manager is ‘Follow the Process’. Demand Manager will enable Planners to work iteratively in detail, top-down through Product Families and across S&OP cycles.
DYNAMIC AND DIVERSE
Demand Manager is being built to support businesses that serve diverse markets and recognizes that each market has its own dynamics. It will:
- Use runrate forecasting and trend, not inaccurate
‘pinpoint’ volume forecasting.
- Enable auditable capture of market intelligence of changing base rates and promotion uplift.
- Manage the critical process of Product Life Cycle management from ‘soup-to-nuts’, including New Product Introduction, End-of-Life, and Supersession.
- Stratify the management of spot market, high-velocity from stable, runrate products
- Work with the grain of iterative and incremental Planner workflow.
For more information on the Demand Manager roadmap and Orchestr8’s proven approach, please email: info@Orchestr8.com.